Advantages of APQP for Design Engineers.
- Identifying significant component.
- Avoiding frequent changes and redesign.
- Capturing Failure modes in DFMEA
- Identify and marking KCC.
- Design to Bench mark.
- Design for Poke Yoke.
First three quarters of the cycle are dedicated to the upfront product quality planning through product/process validation.
Act of implementation:
The fourth quarter is the stage where the importance of evaluating the output serves two functions:
- Determine if customer is satisfied.
- Pursuit continual Improvement.
goal of product quality planning is to facilitate the communication
with everyone involved to assure that the all required steps are
product quality planning depends on the Company's top management and
the Program Managers commitment to the effort required in acheiving
Some of the benefits of Advanced Product Quality Planning are
- Directing resources to satisfy customer.
- To Promote early identification of
- To avoid late changes
- To Provide quality product on time at lower cost.